Sonoma Raceway Food Drive
Sonoma Raceway has kicked off its season of giving with the 19th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, which runs through Nov. 22.
Race fans and community members are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items at several North Bay locations. All food collected will be distributed to two Sonoma County food banks: Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) and the Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB) in Santa Rosa.
“The holiday food baskets give people and families a source of food during the holidays that they don’t otherwise have,” said Dee Weaver, coordinator of the F.I.S.H. Holiday Food Basket program.
One in six Sonoma County residents go to bed hungry every day, and food drives like this one are vital.
Recommended non-perishable food items include tuna and canned meat, peanut butter, canned soups, stews and chili, rice, dry beans, cereal, canned fruits and vegetables, high protein granola bars and trail mix or nuts.
Food items can be dropped off in the collection bins at:
· Sonoma Market, 500 West Napa St., Sonoma.
· Glen Ellen Village Market, 13751 Arnold Dr., Glen Ellen.
· Sonoma Raceway (at Gate 1 or main office), 29355 Arnold Dr.
· Sonoma Valley Fire & Rescue Authority, 630 2nd St. West, Sonoma.
· Schell-Vista Fire Station, 22950 Broadway, Sonoma.
· Food items or checks made out to F.I.S.H. or REFB can also be mailed to the raceway: Jen Imbimbo, Sonoma Raceway, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, 95476.
Windsor’s RKA Motorcycle Luggage will continue its annual tradition of hosting a motorcycle group ride on Saturday, Nov. 23, which will include a pit stop at Sonoma Raceway to drop off collected food items and take a spin around the Sonoma Raceway road course. Riders can also participate in a raffle and enjoy lunch at the Raceway Café. For more information and to sign up for the ride, visit www.rka-luggage.com.