Comfort yourself with good food!
In anxious times, the Kenwood Press thought it might help to provide a comfort food recipe from one of our local chefs. Below is something delicious from Luca Citti.
Fusilli with AOP(Aglio, Olio, Pepperoncino and Pancetta)
By Chef Luca Citti, Café Citti
- 1 lb. uncooked pasta (we like fusilli because all the yummy parts get stuck inside the grooves)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly (adjust quantity to taste)
- 6 oz. Pancetta, cubed
- cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- tsp. crushed red chili peppers, or to taste
- Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
Directions:Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through, but still firm to the bite (al dente), about 10-12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl.
Combine pancetta and olive oil in a cold sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat until the pancetta renders some of the fat and begins to brown. At that point toss in the sliced garlic and hot peppers, infusing the oil. Continue cooking until garlic just begins to brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta and garlic when golden brown and add to the pasta. Pour the infused olive oil over the pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and Buon Appetito!